8.15.2011

making a house a home.

i really love a challenge. and i really love home design.
this new house allowed me to enjoy both at the same time.
it is a small little bungalow, with no closets. and when i say no closets, i mean it. so, my mom and i went to work and here is the result.  a few more things to be added, but i am happy.
thank you mom SO much. i would not have a home, but just a house, were it not for you.

 we added some classic rockers to the front porch. star yet to be hung on the brick.

 a fun metal cage houses a happy plant to welcome you into the front door.

 my personal favorite- lillian's nursery. fun, eclectic and happy. oh and a touch girly :)

 our master bedroom. pictures have now been hung, surrounding us in our favorite memories.

 each room except the master is adorned with a fireplace- i love them. playing with the designs of the mantels was a blast. and something i can always change to freshen the room. this one is in the dining room, the first room that welcomes you into our home.

guest bedroom. my mom came up with the idea of the frames across the wall. i love the effect. the cottage feel of the bed is grounded by the frames. the rug brings in a fun touch.

 guest bedroom fire place. love my buddha :)


dining room. elegant, eclectic, yet cozy.



 our open kitchen. looks onto the back screened in porch and the living room. i love how open and spacious it is. notice the dog over the door? :)

 living room/kitchen. love how they flow together.

the living room. i love the built ins. the house came with so much character!
 view from living room. dining room and front door all the way to the right, nursery door visable and master bedroom all the way to the left. kitchen to the left as well. confused yet?

 backyard. two level deck off screened in porch. wish i had a before picture so you could see the transformation! oh well :)

the dogs seem at home. love this pic.

so there you have it. as promised, that is our home. hope you enjoyed it. we sure do :)

8 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous! congrats on the new space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much ellen! missing nashville, but we are enjoying the new house. all the best to you and tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful :) enjoy your new space...making new memories with your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly! It's beautiful! I hate I missed you in Tennessee, I bet you will LOVE ATL. I'll have to head that way to visit... I'm thinking of getting certified to be an instructor, too! Swim coaching is wearing me thin. I miss you. Let's chat soon, love. Congrats again on the place. And the beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, soooo, when can I visit? Tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry i missed you too! Would love to see you if you make it to Atlanta any time soon. Would love to catch up! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allie, yes please!!!! I will be in ct next week. Let's meet up! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molly,
    OK, it looks like you have lived there for years. I LOVE IT, especially all the fireplaces. Definitely a lot of character and so my style. Love Lillian's rug in her room, and all the decor looks beautiful. Now I just need to see it in person. :)

    ReplyDelete