1.21.2011

alas, no luck.

wee watson is still breech. the doctors made a very valiant effort, but little did they know who they were up against :)

i ended up not having an epidural, after we got there and chatted with the doctors, they seemed to think it wasn't necessary. and i am glad i didn't. it was very uncomfortable but i don't think having an epidural would have made any difference in how much they were pushing on me or the success of it all. both doctors, yes, there were four sets of hands manipulating my little one, said they didn't hold anything back and that i did better than some of the patients they see with epidurals. so, that was relieving. i really feel like we all gave it our best effort.

so, where do we go from here?

we are home now, and have an appointment on monday with the midwife. at that time we will schedule a c-section at 39 weeks, around Jan. 31st or so. if i go into labor before that date, then i will go in for a c-section then. so, waiting game! thank goodness my mom is in town to help me kill some time and keep my mind off things :)

i am definitely disappointed. there were some tears. but i am trying really hard to focus on the end result, a beautiful baby that is mine. i skipped all the c-section parts of my baby/pregnancy books, so now it is time to go back and read. i guess i just didn't think this is where i would be right now. but again, out of my control and there is still so much to celebrate.

glad to be home, and to have eaten! i couldn't eat for 10 hours before the procedure, so i had a snack at 430am this morning and that was IT until we left the hospital at 5! that was not easy! we went straight to bella napoli- yummy. :)

thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. i felt them all there with me today and will continue to use them to gather strength as we continue to let this all unfold!

xo

1 comment:

  1. Molly - I am so sorry that things didn't go as planned for you today...it seems that no matter what birth plan you make it ends up going differently! I ended up having an unplanned c-section and it was not nearly as bad as I thought...it actually went really well and I healed really well :) If you want to chat/know more, I am happy to! Send me a fb message and I can send you my #!

    Be well! I will continue to send good thoughts and energy you way!

    Love and light,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete