3.22.2011

2 month appointment


took lillian to the doctor today, for her routine 2 month check up. i had been dreading it all week, knowing she had to have vaccines and just worrying about the pain she was going to feel. we have been so lucky because she hasn't shed a tear in the 2 months he has been in this world, and today ended that streak. and it was awful. definitely worse for me than for her, but she wailed, turned bright red as a tear fell down her cheek. heart break for me.

the bittersweet part though was being able to comfort her. having her open her eyes after all the shots were done, looking up at me and calming down. she trusts me, she loves me and i am her mom. wow.

i left the office with such pride. i am proud of lillian for taking the shots like a champ. i am proud of hank and i for reassuring her and getting her to smile only minutes after she was crying. i am proud of the confidence i feel as her mother, not from a place of knowing, but from a place of trusting. today proved to me that trusting the bond i have with lillian, the motherly instinct i was born with and the love hank and i have for each other- with that, anything is possible.

she is growing perfectly, a little over 11 lbs now! such a big girl...

off to houston on thursday morning to see my sister, my nephew (lillian's cousin) and my mom. it is going to be such an amazing trip and we are so excited. a bit nervous about the travel, but, i will trust we will be just fine :)

a picture for your smiling pleasure... :)

smiling with the tongue out!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment