7.29.2010

whoosh, whoosh, whoosh


13 weeks! Head on the left, body to the right, laying on its back!

whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. exactly what our little babe's heartbeat sounded like today! ah! it was the most amazing experience. i have been so looking forward to this day, not only did i get to see him/her again on the ultrasound, but i got to hear the heartbeat with a doppler (separate machine) AND now i can launch my blog!!!!
the next appointment is around 20 weeks, which is when we would be able to find out the sex of the baby. we have decided not too, although i know towards the end it will be tough! but life is full of surprises right? so we will see...

i have noticed a major turn around in my energy and nausea. i am no longer nauseous and i feel as though my energy levels and appetite have evened out - thank goodness! 3 bagels in one morning just does not need to be repeated! i have gotten back to most of my regular workouts and can begin to do inversions again! yippee! inversions increase your risk of miscarriage in the first trimester while your baby is developing from an embryo to a fetus. now that i am through, and because it was in my practice before, i am set to get back on my head! thank goodness!

other then that i am feeling good. riding the high of my babies heartbeat...whoosh, whoosh, whoosh.

* what is your favorite moment from your current or past pregnancies?

ps. for all of you just joining, which is well, everyone, i have been blogging (secretly) about my pregnancy since 5 weeks (scroll down to the bottom of page to see 1st post). i really wanted to create this space where i can share the happenings along the way for those of you who are like me and have never done this before! i am a first time mom-to-be and overjoyed to be sharing this experience in, i hope, in a light hearted and fun way!
i am also a vinyasa yoga teacher, as well as a pre & post natal certified yoga teacher here in nashville. i am inspired by the process of pregnancy, amazed that a whole new life is evolving inside my belly and honored to share prenatal yoga with the world. i plan to write honestly and openly about the changes that are occurring, post pictures of my life whenever applicable and share videos of prenatal yoga classes that anyone can use at home.
i love life and all the amazing unknowns and possibilities that come with it. i plan to use what i have learned about myself and my body through yoga as i guide myself (and my husband & dogs!) through the next chapter of our lives as parents!




9 comments:

  1. I am so, so, so excited for you Molly and could relate to so many of the things you blogged about! My pregnancy has been really easy thank goodness and I have loved (almost) every second of it! I hope that you continue to feel well and I look forward in reading more blog updates! Yeah for the wee Watson!

    Be well.

    Love & light,
    Cathy Hilburg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, What a cool concept for a blog - I love it, and yes, Annie and Georgia are adorable.

    So happy to hear you're listening to your body and enjoying what you crave. I could so go for a coffee coolatta right about now. ;)

    Also happy to hear you're feeling more like your old self...I was so happy to reach that point. Favorite moment of pregnancy thus far? Oh gosh, that's a tough one...all of it! I'm just so grateful to be expecting.

    So excited to follow you along on your mama-to-be journey, and I can't wait to hang out when I get back in town!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. molly,
    i am so stoked & happy for you! so great to hear :) my pregnancy was such an amazing ride especially through the reflections of my yoga practice. i remember how excited i was to invert again too!

    my favorite moments in practice while preggo were embracing my blossoming belly & Stella stirring in sivasana ( i swear she was attempting halasana ) & she seemed to be spin in my belly every time i broke out the singing bowl & with every OM i called out :)

    wishing you many blessings in this beautiful adventure!
    jessalynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having just visited Molly, shared two wonderful yoga classes, one of which she led and being present for the reunion of Molly and Hank in Nashville after their summer separation.....I can tell you, this is one blossoming and happy yogini! Molly, you are beautiful inside and out and Wee Watson will add so much joy to your lives. Each day from now forward, you and Hank can cherish the miracle of creation and the tangible result of the love and commitment and dreams you share. It is a priviledge to walk this journey with you and see my baby, her husband and their baby venture forth with faith and love and joy. Blessings in abundance.
    xoxoxo-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, thanks so much for all your well wishes! So glad to hear you have had an amazing journey as well, keep me posted on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather- I agree! there is so much about my pregnancy even so far, I would have a hard time picking a favorite part! can't wait to have you back in town! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessalynn- thanks so much! I can't wait until i can feel wee watson moving! we saw him/her on the ultrasound moving around like crazy, doing headstands and everything! girl or boy, a definite yogi! I can't wait until I can feel all of that :) lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom- amazing having you here, love you so much. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Molly! Garrett just called me to share the GREAT news that he received from you today. I screamed into the phone with excitement! He said he had the same reaction. So so happy for you and Hank :) I look forward to reading your blog.
    Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete