7.31.2010

"fat guy in a little coat"...


this is exactly how i am feeling the past few days. remember the scene with chris farley inTommy Boy? if not, you should google it, or just watch the whole movie- it is a classic.
the point being, suddenly, everything is just a bit too tight. and thank goodness for my mom, she has been visiting the past few days and took me out shopping for some early maternity clothes and of course, some baby gear! being in the shops, looking at these tiny little onsies and stuffed animals- i realize this awkward phase is all going to be worth it. then i went and bought these maternity jeans from Pea in the Pod- not the cheapest option (which i am sure my husband won't be happy about) but, they were comfy and lifted my spirits :)


how cute? of course these had my smiling from ear to ear as well. since we aren't finding out the sex, these were the most gender neutral onsies we could find- the blue one has a bulldog on it, so we couldn't resist! it is hard to find gender neutral clothes, which is probably a good things since i would not be able to stop shopping if there were! this stuff is just SO cute.

tomorrow's task- pick out some paint colors for the babies room. my husband hank is back in town for good (thank goodness!) and thus, is ready to paint! i know i am only 13 weeks, BUT, if you know me, you know i will not wait until 7 months to get this baby room set up, it is just too much fun :)

while he is painting i will be cleaning out my closet of all the things that don't fit anymore...:)

what are your favorite maternity clothes?

ps. getting SO excited for my deep and stretchy classes to start, they are exactly what i am needing in my own practice now, so i hope to share it :)

5 comments:

  1. molly your blog makes me smile. so happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Pea in the Pod is great - I actually have 2 pairs of the jeans you bought :) You will love them. Nordstrom has some cute things as well and periodically they have a great sale - so check back frequently! Other places I have looked at/bought things from:
    * http://www.appleseedboutique.com/
    * http://www.picklesandicecream.com/
    * Old Navy Maternity (surprisingly better than Gap maternity and has some cheaper options)
    * Target also has cute things - you might be better looking online, the stores do not always have everything
    * Ingrid & Isabel Everywhere Pants (I think I am going to get them for post-maternity) - look them up on Amazon
    * And of course I love a few of my lululemon things still - t-shirts and especially the cool racerback :)

    I am sure there are other things I love too, I am just spacing. I figure it is okay to treat yourself to nice things, you will be wearing it all a lot during your pregnancy and hopefully for future ones as well! Happy shopping Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Cathy! Those are some amazing recommendations :) I will definitely check it out. I also just got some awesome dresses (since it is so hot here) from boden (www.boden.com). yummy jersey knits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Molly,

    Great blog! You ARE going to have a very happy baby :-)
    I had some Paige maternity jeans that rocked my world - seriously! They were SUPER expensive - I think I paid $175 at a store here in ATL but here is a link: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2944470?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=bottoms:women:pant&cm_ite=paige_premium_denim_'westborne'_maternity_stretch_jeans_(mckinley_wash):197708&cm_ven=Froogle&mr:trackingCode=1EEA2C6A-1968-DF11-9DA0-002219319097&mr:referralID=NA
    I work at a job that allows jeans everyday and I really wore them nearly everyday from 5-9 (10) months. They didn't have the panel in them but a waistband that would increase with your belly via a button/elastic system. So they were awesome during and after pregnancy. I got my money worth!
    I also loved my lulu y back tanks for teaching pilates, taking pilates and under hoodies for out and about. I happen to have a couple in a size too big and ended up taking the padding out of the bra cups toward the end when I definitly didn't need the help :-)
    And I thought Gap maternity tops were right on. I also liked their camis which were SUPER long (but so is my torso). Not so much love for their maternity jeans though.

    Happy Bump Growing!
    Love, Sue Vogt Culberson

    ReplyDelete