8.15.2010

the in-between stage....

so i have been reading a bunch of pregnancy books, and none of them have mentioned this awkward in-between stage that i have been in for the last few weeks. its like my midsection has doubled in width, but not in any particular place, just all around...love handles included! the books also all say you "pop" around 13-15 weeks. well, we celebrate wee watson's 15th week of growth tomorrow and i have yet to pop. so, i am embracing this new middle that i have grown, trying not to dream of the days when i can fill out maternity clothes and waddle down the street. for now, i will celebrate the fact that my maternity jeans are darn cute, my thighs have yet to expand too much and loose fitting tank tops are in style!

the one perk is i have begun to get more and more compliments on my new ladies. yes, my boobs. they are huge! well, for me. and they don't hurt as much anymore, so lets just say everyone is much happier :)
i have been able to get back to my normal routine, eating included. my appetite has curbed itself a bit, eating more normal meals, having less and less cravings. and i have gotten back to running and swimming, as well as keeping up with my yoga. my energy is much better and i have been sleeping through the night (unless i have to pee, which is not uncommon anymore). the heat here in nashville is unbelievable and it is the main things keeping me from feeling like myself- other then that, i have been feeling great! the second trimester is SO much better then the first! as our midwife said, the second trimester is the time to sit back, relax and enjoy being pregnant. so, we are taking her advice and just celebrating the fact that we are going to be parents in the new year!
my sister-in-law is overdue and being induced tomorrow, thinking lots of her and excited to meet wee watson's cousin and my Goddaughter! :)

goodnight for now...
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment