2.08.2011

she is growing so fast...


lillian has officially grown out of her newborn onsies! ah! i can't believe it. she is growing like a little weed and is more and more beautiful every day :)

check this out...a picture of lillian during her nap today. the picture sitting next to her is of me when i was a newborn! uncanny how much we look alike, huh?

hank is in there for sure...but, i love seeing the resemblance she has to me too :)

since the weather has been so nasty, lillian, the dogs and i have been stuck in the house. luckily, this morning, although cold, wasn't wet so we took a trip to ugly mugs- our favorite coffee shop. she and i just hung out, drinking coffee, checking out the ny times...i loved it. it really is the simple things. i can't wait to share all my favorite places and things with her as she grows up. i wish so much for her, and know hank and i will do anything in our power to show her possibility is endless. and she is loved, no matter what.

a friend directed me toward a new blog this morning, and i have to share a quote from it. it is a guest post from a mother about her advice to new moms/moms to be:

"Trust your instincts. You might not think you know what you're doing, but I promise you do.

Expect that it will hurt, expect that it will be hard, and expect that you can do it anyway. You're a rockstar, after all. You were made for this.

Cherish those first few days. They are straight up magic."

love it. beautifully said.

xo

2 comments:

  1. Molly,
    I think about you and Lillian all the time. She is so beautiful, and trust me, I feel your pain of being stuck in the house with 2 dogs and a new baby. As much as I enjoy the down time, I am so ready for some spring-like weather. We'll have to meet for a stroller walk in Shelby Bottoms as soon as it warms up...and I cried the day I had to pack up all of Summer's newborn clothes. It goes by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather-
    Thank you so much! I would love to get together soon, I think next week is supposed to be 50's? I also have looked into Bethanny's mommy and me classes, so as soon as she is 6 weeks we will be there!

    Lots of love to you, Summer and CD!

    ReplyDelete