9.19.2011

so refreshed.

this weekend with hank and lilly was so refreshing. hank has been traveling a lot and i am so proud of him and his new job. he is kicking some serious ass but that doesn't mean we don't miss him terribly when he is gone.
i am also one of those girls who needs attention and validation and acknowledgment. as independent as i like to think of myself, i really do rely on others to help me find my true self. and bottom line, i didn't get married to be alone, i got married to enjoy the consistent companionship of my best friend, who i love and respect dearly. and who, lets face it, makes me feel like a sex bomb. he loves me, thinks i am amazing and reminds me of it daily. so, with that gone, things go a little south for me.

but i digress and reflect, which is not my style.
this weekend was exactly what a needed. we lounged, snuggled the heck out of lilly, lit a fire in our living room (even though it was 70 out!), watched a movie at 9am while lilly napped, met with new friends (yeah! friends!) and lounged in parks while the wind swirled around us in a fall-like fashion. amazing.









oh, and i made the most amazing ottoman...which i will detail in my next post. my little nugget is waking up!


No comments:

Post a Comment