12.06.2010

31 weeks, baby shower and thanksgiving


so much to catch up on! sorry for my absence, time is slipping away faster then i can handle! i can't believe christmas is right around the corner.

hank and i had an amazing thanksgiving in pittsburgh with his family, they are the most wonderful and loving people- i feel so blessed to have inherited them as my family :) hank and i got lots of practice too with quinn, our newest nephew (and my Godson!) as well as a glimpse into our future as maggie and peter have three kids- we can only hope we are that together when that day comes! being with all the kids made both hank and i realize that the next time we are all together, we will have our own! one we get to take home with us when we leave :) SO exciting. we are so grateful to have such an amazing family who support us in this new journey.
thank you Watsons/Brittains/Kumars. much love.

i came home early as i had to work on black friday and since hank and driven with the dogs, i was alone in the house. it was erie! then my dad came into town and we got to spend 3 days hanging out and doing it nashville style! we saw emmylou harris at the bluebird cafe (she just showed up!), ran into nicole kidman and keith urban at whole foods and JUST missed the newest couple- taylor swift and jake gyllenhaal at fido. it was quite a weekend :) thanks dad for coming and making an empty house feel full and happy! love you.
we also put together the final touches on the nursery, see the result below!


the artwork was a present from my dad, it is an 1800's ABC book that he framed for wee, so gorgeous! thanks dad.
we also finally got our glider and holy cow, it is the most comfortable chair i have ever put my bum in! i sat in there for 30 min and teared up thinking of rocking my little wee watson there. it is such a happy space and i can't wait to welcome him/her into it!

wee watson is growing so fast! here is the best self pic i could get this morning....


he/she is kicking and moving like a champ, i go for my 32 week appt next week, then after that we visit the midwife every 2 weeks! getting SO close i can't believe it :)
hank and i toured the hospital this week to see the labour and delivery ward...i have to say, i was a bit scared when i left. it didn't give me any warm and fuzzies inside. but, i am choosing to focus on the end result- beautiful and healthy wee watson in my arms.

the highlight of my week though was saturday night. hank and i had chatted about celebrating the milestone of 30 weeks. well, it was right after thanksgiving and we weren't together, so we decided to celebrate 31 weeks instead. so, he made reservations at cafe nonna for us saturday night (or so i thought). we got dressed, got in the car and as we were getting close i started to be the front seat driver that i am and told him he was going the wrong way! i am too busy googling directions on my blackberry when he parks and tells me to get out of the car. i look around and realize we are not at cafe nonna but my friend blairs house! he told me we had to pick something up there before dinner...i was so confused! we walk up the door and SURPRISE!! all my besties are there waiting for me to throw me a baby shower!!! it was SO amazing, i have never been surprised like that! i was (and still am) overwhelmed with the love i am surrounded by. lucky, lucky me! it was a hilarious party, just a pure celebration of the fact that hank and i are surrounded by the best group of friends here in nashville and we are so blessed.
opening our nashville onsie!

caroline, me & sarah

mindy, me & sarah

lets just say it wasn't a typical baby shower, but it was perfect. lots of laughs, drinks and toasts (thanks caroline!). i couldn't have planned it any better myself! thank you ladies for your love, your support and most importantly for your unrelenting friendship. i love you all so much.

phew. that was quite a post. if you are still reading, thank YOU for your support and love. hank and i wouldn't be here were it not for you :)

xo

4 comments:

  1. Moo! You look (and sound!) fantastic!! Sending you oodles and oodles of love! Will you be around CT for Christmas?

    wuv you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks al! i will not be in CT, hank and i are staying here and we have my mom coming :) sorry i will miss you. i promise to be in CT after the baby comes!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Molly,
    You look great! So happy!
    I was just at Carolyn and Evan's holiday party and your name came up with smiles all around :)

    Hope you're well. Garrett and I think of you and Hank often.

    Sending love from VA!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sara! Thanks so much :) I am very happy. Miss you guys and hope all is well in DC/VA!

    ReplyDelete