12.19.2010

33 weeks and oh, so thankful

i am not sure when the shift happened, but now i am counting the weeks to go rather then the weeks done :) i guess you could say i am getting excited and anxious to meet wee. i am also in complete shock that i can almost count on one hand the number of weeks until he/she comes into the world. what i also never thought about until now is that my due date is a good guesstimate of when wee watson will arrive, but not a guarantee! i could potentially go into labor anytime between two weeks from now and seven weeks from now! two weeks!!! i don't plan for that, nor hope for that but i have spoken with lots of women who have delivered around 35-38 and when you are counting down weeks shaving a few off makes a big difference!!

i don't have an updated belly pic for this post, will put one up as soon as hank gets home from getting bagels :) yum.

did have an appt. with my midwife this past week and all is still great. wee watson's heart is still the most beautiful sound, steady and strong. i will go back next week for my 34 week appointment, then at 36 weeks and then every week after that until i go into labor! i asked my midwife LOTS of questions last week. i think she thought i wasn't really educating myself because all of my appointments prior i wouldn't really ask anything. this time, i brought a list :) i am so happy i went the midwife route, she was so thorough with me, answering all my questions about labor, what happens when it starts, when i know is a good time to go to the hospital...etc.
what were her answers you might ask? listen to your body. i love it. just simple. i am a strong and intuitive woman, i will know what is right and what is wrong. i will know when it is time to go to the hospital and when i am ok to still be at home. so beautiful.

i think a part of why i am feeling so amazed that wee watson comes so soon is that i am still feeling mostly like myself. i am still actively working at the store on my feet all day, still spinning, doing yoga (sometimes in the same day!) and meeting friends at a bar for a drink (water for me). i feel so alive, so empowered and so lucky. i have a friend who i work with who was put on bedrest. she is just as healthy and fit as i am and yet, she needed medical intervention. it is in these moments i step back and realize- wow, i am so truly blessed to be engaged and active and living my life with wee watson every day. i really hope to carry this into our lives postpartum as well. realizing that this is a gift and an addition to my already amazing and beautiful life.

xo

2 comments:

  1. You are VERY lucky!! Just keep Wee in there as long as possible!!! Glad you are feeling well!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog and I'm happy to hear you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete