6.14.2011

so much to say, so little time.

ok, actually i have a lot of time, since my little nugget is asleep.  but, i am sure you don't all want to be walked through my vacation (mostly since i know it will make you super jealous) and because i have a tendency to be waaaayyy to specific in my descriptions, so, i will spare you.
::sigh::

for those of you who have been, well frankly, living under rock, i took a trip to the cayman islands with my sisters and my mom.  ah-mazing.
life away from lillian & hank was hard, but having the time to be with the most amazing women i know in this whole wide world, was beyond worth it. 
so, i want to take the time to introduce you to them...


{my mom, anne.}

how do you even put into words what your mom means to you? you can't.  they just don't exist.  so, instead of trying and failing miserably i am just going to tell you want i can always count on her for. she is selfless, smart, stunningly beautiful, stubborn (theme with the "s" adjectives? not on purpose...), peaceful, faithful, honest, independently strong, an amazing listener, a talented writer, witty, full of emotion (in the best way) and the best role model of a mother i could ask for. my mom is hands down the reason i always wanted to be a mom, she made the job look cool, fun and adventurous.  so, not only did she give me the gift of life, twice, but has instilled in me such a strong maternal instinct that i am now privileged to be a mom myself. lillian has such a rockin' granne.

{meghan.}

meghan is (as she said in her speech at my wedding) my oldest, older, um, old sister. haha. you can always count on meghan for an amazing story, usually quite exaggerated but always worth it as you will find yourself smiling & laughing consistently while around her. meghan is 7 years older than me and thus growing up was the coolest person on the planet. i always thought (and still do) that she was beyond beautiful. she let me raid her closet (even though nothing fit she would always let me try), she taught me how to survive high school, (which involved teaching me how to bong a beer successfully), and was always on the other end of the phone as i cried or sought guidance on boy problems. she and i are often told we look alike and in those moments my heart swells.  she is an amazing mother to a 18 month old named jack, and married to an unbelievable guy named tom. i continue to look up to her as a wife and mother and know i always can.

{emily.}

emily is the most selfless person i have ever met. granted i don't know mother teresa personally, but emily is up there. she is an inspiration to everyone around her, even though she doesn't always know it.  as a teacher, i got to watch as she changed second graders lives for the better.  as a kid i got to watch her become an extraordinarily successful swimmer, qualifying for olympic trials her senior year in high school and going on to swim at the university of michigan (go blue!) on a scholarship.  her determination made me the swimmer i became, as i couldn't help but want a little piece of what she accomplished.  and, to boot, she did all of this with grace and stunning beauty.  growing up i loved to brag about emily, remind everyone that we shared the same last name and that i got to eat dinner with her nightly :) 
emily is fun, and we share a quirkiness that allowed for us to have "eyelash contests" as we grew up sharing a room. i have the honor to call her my sister, now and forever.


 so now you know why my trip was so amazing.
and when i got back, my daughter was waiting for me with this...


if your still reading...

yup. no photos of the vacation. those to follow i promise!

over and out.


3 comments:

  1. On behalf of Molly's mom (me!) and her sisters, may I simply say that we are as proud and in awe of her as we could possibly be. For those of you who know her, personally or through her blog, she is as advertised-the real deal. Beautiful inside and out and grounded in herself, her faith, her values, life's hard earned lessons and her wonderful marriage and new family. Yes, we had a love-fest in the Caymans and are permanent members of a mutual admiration society. It doesn't get any better.
    Thanks, Molly. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, momma. thank you. i am so blessed! love you!

    ReplyDelete