10.17.2011

fall is in the air.

this weekend we took lilly to a pumpkin patch.
ok, well it was supposed to be a pumpkin patch.
turns out it was more like a parking lot with pumpkins in it.
good thing she didn't know the difference!

the mornings feel like fall, crisp and cozy. lillian and i have been enjoying some morning walks with the pups, sitting in the hammock and watching how each day the leaves change every so slightly. we chat about the changing colors, we watch how the wind and sun make the leaves dance and glow in the sky. she smiles, furrows her brow and looks at me as if to say, i've got this mom.
amazing.

oh, and this week- we have mastered "mama". having her crawl to me, reach for me and say "mama" makes me realize this is it. this is really what it is all about. and i couldn't be more thankful for those moments she gives me hundreds of times a day.
thank you lilly, you really light up my soul.
on a completely different note, my other dads, who i still love dearly, have gotten busy (who can blame them? multiple kids, home renovations, busy jobs -these guys do it all!). so, i will put a pause on the ode to dads series (if you missed my first one, check it out here). next up, my ode to moms. and lets face it, they will all have their answers to me in a few days of getting them- why? we are amazing multi-taskers us women :)

No comments:

Post a Comment